BADA DC-222 any good starter mods?

Hey all. I've read a handful of forums that relate to the Bada, seems thats all there is, and I know that I can run with a multitude of tubes and I plan on doing so. But my interest is getting peaked by the other mods that I might be able to do to this thing. When it arrives, hopefully later this week.

First, are there any internal DACs I can use to wire up inside the amp? Or maybe rip a nice one from another amp? Internal isn't so necessary. Just an idea. Second, I've seen quite a few CDPs and amps that have had all kinds of resistors and caps and what not changed out. Anyone know of anything resonable that I can do in regards to this type of modification and where/what I should buy? I'm not exactly a beginner with electronics so if you have specific items that would work, go ahead and list them.

I decided to make my second amp a hybrid and since others use it as a baseline for their mods, I figure it should be worthy of whatever I throw at it. And if I kill it in the mean-time, I'll buy something else. :-) Only reason I didn't buy the Peachtree Nova was that I was trying to get closer to the 100 Watt rating of the Monitor Audio GS10s. Thanks!
tiggerfc

Showing 2 responses by johndozier

See what it uses for coupling caps in the preamp. Probably find Solen. Lousy for coupling. Use polystyrene or teflon. Regards John Dozier
Start with the coupling caps. Audiocap(Relcap) polyprop and foil are highly thought of and cheap. See Parts Express. The teflons are best but expensive and I think heat mught be a problem with styrenes in tube gear. regards