Bad experience with Bluesound Soundbar's

I have never ripped a company for poor service or products, but I recently purchased a Bluesound sub at a local dealer as it was a floor model close out. I was told to purchase the Soundbar for my TV room. I called Bluesound to find out if their original Soundbar (was being sold as B stock for only 499) was comparable with my router. I was told that it works fine with any dual band router.

It was not able to synch with my wifi. I was finally told after over a week that I would have to make my router a one band router. I’ve never heard of such crap. They agreed to take it back, but it took forever for them to get back to me etc...

I then went to a store to purchase the new Soundbar 2i which is much more expensive (I had their sub and the store won’t take it back, so I’m stuck with Bluesound). Well, the NEW Soundbar I purchased is broken out of the box. Couldn’t even get the sub to work with it wirelessly. It’s taken forever to have them get back to me. For weeks, I’ve tried to get this thing to work and I have done evetrhing they told me to do. Their response time is painstakingly slow.

I finally got a tech to teach me how to send them a report and sure enough, he said it was a hardware problem. Said the he was sending it to sales to take care of. I have been trying for days now to get them to give me the shipping and return info. I PRAY they send me another NEW unit and not fix this one as I don’t trust it and I don’t trust them. I STILL haven’t gotten anything back from them about what the next step is in order to fix this mead ss.

I won’t be able to get it sent back next week as I have a lot of medical procedures etc...so it’s going to be at least another week before it gets sent back and then a week for them to get it and a week for the new one to come. I’ve never been this upset after a purchase and they have totally ruined the fun of getting something new. I really wish that I had gotten another soundbar. I can only have a front firing one as it’s in a cabinet and the upward firing cones don’t work. I sold my Linn Kiko system as I just couldn’t get it to work in my set up (bedroom, so no I won’t be changing out the set up, lol).

I’m sure many of you have had a great experience with the company and are happy. I’ve owned NAD products since the late 70’s and still have some gear lying around. It really hurts more than anything, so know the company takes so long to get back to you.

Oh well, live and learn. Wish I could just sell the sub and get my money back.
ctsooner

Showing 1 response by mahler123

I had problems with with Bluesound which I have detailed in other threads in the digital and the pc audio areas.  I have the Vault2 and 2 Node2s for the 3 systems in my home and when it all works ( and I am listening to Beethoven through one of them as I type this) it’s wonderful but I have had stretches of weeks where everything is unusable.  Their CS used to be exemplary but it’s gotten pretty bad I never the past year.
  One trick with them is that if you initiate a complaint, they answer, and then you have a follow up e mail, they treat the follow up as if it is a new request and boot it to the end of the que.  crazy on their part but maddening to the customer.  You have to give your follow up emails a new title, and then supply the reference number of the initial case.