Back in the states, time to rebuild - need advice

Hey guys long time lurker here, I recently returned from working over seas for 3 years and I'm about to settle into a new place hopefully before Xmas.

Before i left i sold everything except my front speakers and my Rotel 5 channel Amp. I figured when i returned i would rebuild my HT/Stereo system, well I'm back and would like to ask for some advice on getting my system up and running again.

A little about what i do have,

Paradigm 100 v2 fronts,
HSU STF-3 12" Sub
infinity Rears (quads)
Rotel 200Wx5 Amp
NO home yet, lol

I'm not sure if i want to go separates or not. I was hoping to get some advice from all of you or at least your opinions...

I know i will be using my setup for HT/Music, I will be purchasing a 42-50" LCD or something similar. I will want enough inputs on the system to be able to plug in a Media PC, Game console(s) (HD) Sat/Tivo (HD) DVD(HD?) and others. I'm not sure if i want to run the video through the system then to the TV, not sure of the quality loss, I realize some of the video options will be dependent on the TV that i settle on (still researching). I have settled on a new center Paradigm Studio CC-570, thats about all i have settled on..

Right now Iam looking to just drive the speakers, and need advice on something to get me started so at the very least i can enjoy my music and maybe basic HT. My Budget for this part is $1200, leaning toward Rotel. like i said i want something that i can expand, hence maybe separates for now is the way to go?

Thanks in advance guys!

Chris
landshark99

Showing 1 response by ellery911

Concentrate on getting the home first ;o)

I pretty much agree with many of the posters. It seems like you have the bulk of your system already.

so... one more vote for a matching rotel pre/pro & paradigm rears...and tie yourself over with a budget combi player for the time being.

just my 2c fwiw