Baby Proof Floorstanding Speakers

Hello! I have an 8 month old baby and she's starting to get pretty nimble. Instead of playing with her baby toys, she enjoys trying to push over Daddy's Piega C10LTD speakers. They weigh around 130 pounds and are a bit wobbly. My wife says they have to go, and she's right, because if they somehow got knocked over they could cause a lot of damage.

So I'm now looking to find a pair of floorstanders that are baby-proof. What this means to be is VERY stable, nearly impossible to knock over. Also grills are a necessity to prevent curious fingers from damaging drivers.

These Piegas sound great ($27k list though I snagged them on ebay for $4k) and so I would like to find something with great sound quality, in particular:
  * Transparent & neutral
  * Big, dynamic sound
  * Full range

...and to make things even easier, I have a budget of $3k used.

Can you help me restore my stereo while making it safe for my baby? (and soon to be toddler!)

Thank you audio friends!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6DTpw1ds4QCJ9BAx6
goatwuss

Showing 1 response by cd318

Yes, they look very wobbly. You must find a way to secure them to the wall. Maybe wall ties or velcro straps? Or both?

It might be a pain to find a way that doesn't mean damage to the cabinets but it's probably going to be the same for any floorstanders out there.

Maybe it's high time manufacturers of tall speakers built in some easy and discreet means of passively securing them. 

I was actually considering using some travel straps (colour matched of course) to give my speakers some protection against being accidentally knocked over when not in use.

Your situation is obviously more urgent.
If you don't have grilles, then a change of speakers is unavoidable. Some of those shorter Wilson's look pretty stable.