B&W suggestions - N803 vs. 804S

Good afternoon. I'm looking to get some good speakers and have been to a local shop to demo the current B&W 800 series. I really like the sound, and can certainly hear what happens as you progress from each model up. My target price range is a bit below entry level floorstander for this series, thus have started looking for a used or demo model.

What I'm seeing is an affordable used N803 from the previous Nautilus line that selling in the late '90s, and the 804S, which has been selling from the mid-2000's until now. From what I understand, they will be upgraded again this year.

Given I'm looking at two different models for roughly the same price, N803 and 804S, I'm wondering if anyone can offer some suggestions on these. Were the technical improvements in the 800 series over the Nautilus series good enough to warrant the step down from 803 to 804?

Note I'll be setting up in a midsize room (12x20) with the speakers on one end, away from the wall. My current Denon receiver puts out 90wpc. I will upgrade to a higher-powered amp in the future, but for now am planning only the speaker purchase.

Thoughts?
nichomoff
Thanks for all the inputs. I did go with the 804S, used for a decent deal. They don't sound good with my Denon - nothing like they did when I demoed in a store. Very underwhelmed here. So am now looking for an amp.

Thinking of some ideas:
simaudio moon i3.3 integrated,
set of rotel separates,
musical fidelity m6i,
rogue audio perseus + some small powerful class d amp,
uset balanced audio technology integrated

I've demoed all but the last, but not with my exact speakers. Any other ideas? I've read it's best to go with high power and warmer sound on these speakers.
Well, a receiver will do that. I was quite pleased with the Ayre AX-7e integrated with my 804S. If you have the ability, check it out as it's in your budget.
Try an Emotiva XPA-2 or even two of their monoblocks (XPA-1).

You can get them brand new for the price of the used amps mentioned above and they are very solidly built.

I currently have an XPA-2 pumping my 805S, probably a little overkill, but these would drive your 804S beautifully.

XPA-2 - two channel 300w @ 8ohm & 500w @ 4ohm
XPA-1 - monoblock 500w @ 8ohm & 1000w @ 4ohm
I'm still on a quest for an integrated that fits into my 16" deep space and will power my 804S speakers with clarity and full sound. I got a demo of Naim NAIT XS with the 804S today and was surprised the Naim could power these speakers.

I think I am down to the Naim NAIT XS or the Simaudio Moon i3.3 at this point. Could still do separates with Rogue Perseus and Rotel RB 1552 though it will be tight. Anyone use any of these with 804S?
Nichonoff, you might want to check out the Wyred 4 Sound integrated. I hooked up the N802's this weekend powered by the ST500 which is not broken in (19 hrs) and was very impressed by the results. Excellent bass control and not at all bright or agressive in the upper mids/lower treble. Soundstage and depth are excellent as well. The case work is nothing fancy but the sound is impressive especially for the price. All the other amps I own or have owned, have been considerably more expensive. Don't less the price fool you.