B&W Signature 30 vs. Nautilus 803 speakers

I have a pair of B&W Nautilus 803's and wondered if anyone has Sig 30's. Wondered how the 30's compared. I read the 30's are real bass weak. I have a small listening room...12X13. I am thinking of buying a pair of 30's and although I am not a bass freak, need some bass. Also, does this speaker include it's own silver speaker cables and external crossover like it's smaller brother and can you biwire it. Thanks for any input.
amwarwick

Showing 1 response by rjv

The 30's do not use the Nautilus technology. The tweeter appears to be very similar to those on the 25's. Unlike the 25's it does not come with a separate crossover or dedicated speaker cable. The speaker is biwirable and the crossover is acoustically isolated and suspended within the cabinet.

Regarding bass, I've read the threads also and I am a little amused because the critiques rarely say "compared to what?" their bass is deficient.

My listening preferences are for Acoustic Jazz and Classical music. I don't feel that I am missing out; the 30's seem to load my 20x16 (plaster walled, maple floor with heavy rugs)room very well. I have heard these same speakers in a larger more square room and indeed in that room the low bass of bass drum in classical music was missing in action.

I think it is more a matter of room size and acoustics. I'm quite pleased with the depth and the articulate way that they handle acoustic bass.

Ray