B&W 'New' 800 Series

I've reviewed the TAS Factory Tour and the 802 D3 details and am impressed with all improvements; and the common sense used.
I also find the new styling very intelligent related to dispersion. Comments?
ptss

Showing 7 responses by mr_bill

I love the new looks - the gray mid, the smaller head, the woofers stand off.
Way more appealing than past gen.
Bo
You seemed to have contradicted yourself. I thought you really liked Pass Labs for 3D total sound but with the Maggie's in your post, you predicted they wouldn't be good?
Bo,
Here is what I am referring too:

"Pass Labs is very limited in individual focus of instruments and voices. I have had many conversations about this with Desmond Harington who is the president and creator of Pass labs pre amps."

This is what I don't understand. I thought you said Pass Labs was a top choice for 3D Sound but you refer to Pass as very limited. Not sure if you are referring more to the Maggie's or if Pass preamps aren't very good or what.

Bo

Have you found any preamp/amp/integrateds that give wide and deep soundstage WITH smaller images and focused sound with very black background?

Apparently Pass has some of the criteria met but not all. Btw, I owned Maggie 3.7 and loved the speed but agree with you on blackness, images and depth.
Bo
Is the new Monitor Audio Gold line better than the MA Platinum PL200 for 3D sound?