B&W 'New' 800 Series

I've reviewed the TAS Factory Tour and the 802 D3 details and am impressed with all improvements; and the common sense used.
I also find the new styling very intelligent related to dispersion. Comments?
ptss

Showing 8 responses by mapman

If I may address rtilden's question, My experience is that room acoustics are the biggest factor that affects details of soundstage and imaging like how much is in front or back of speakers.

Equipment matters as well but most good quality equipment set up well should be capable of excellent soundstage and imaging. But you have to take the dispersion characteristics of the speakers and room acoustics into account.

Rooms that more acoustically lively to the front of the speakers and especially behind the listener will tend to shift the soundstage more forward all things considered.

So I think the answer lies mostly with room acoustics. Also speakers that deliver most or all their energy forwards rather than to the rear will also most likely tend to deliver a more forward sounding SS.
There is no law against bad manners.  It is what it is and for all to see when published to a public site.  

Ever look at some of the posts on major news site articles on major current events?   Audiogon is kindergarten in comparison.  Its good to know what's out there.  It ain't all pretty.
I always hesitate to invite censorship unless specific published rules or guidelines are broken..

Let people post what they will.  Either don't read it or make of it what you will, good or bad.  If a published guideline is broken in a post call the person out and move on.    I imagine it cost  money for threads to be moderated manually.   If there are automated tools used to delete clear violations, then that would be a good thing.
The report this button appears to be a new feature that can be used to "call a post out" if needed.
Maybe Bo will be our savior and lead us all including B&W to a new audio renaissance where we all enjoy the same gear that he sells the most and live in perfect 3-D Monitor Audio harmony. 

Or not.

In any case we will have reached a really bad place if the posts in these parts ever resemble those you see regularly these days on the lead story of the day on a certain news site whose name happens to start with F,  at least on the days that site’s moderators decide that the days inane and mean spirited ramblings are permissible for public consumption.  I’m glad that they do.  Its the nasty things out there that nobody is aware of otherwise that might be the biggest cause of concern in many cases.

Anyway back to the topic...

have not heard the new B&Ws   will give a listen next time I stop by my local dealer.