B W Nautilus 805

Can someone give me a three sentence opinion about this fabulous looking and sounding loudspeaker?

Thanks!
jpoag

Showing 2 responses by krellnot

Having owned the N805's for quite a while and then switching speakers to the Soliloquy 5.0s bookshelves I will say the following. Overpriced, shoddy construction for $2K, good sound, harsh treble at times, and require real power and money in the amplifier. I like my 5.0s better, and they were $895.
Let me clarify. I think the N805's are built well. I just do not see $2K reflected in the build. The veneer is just ok, the plastic tweeter housing is lame, the grills are bad, and besides the nice WBT connectors that connector pan is cheap. I suggest you do not open the N805's as you will see whats not inside.

By contrast the Soliloquy 5.0s @$895 brand new have the following:
Beautiful veneer way nicer than the 805's
Solid like a rock even without matrix
Hand wired crossover
Back Panel is much nicer then N805's
The grills are nicer
Internally wired with Straightwire wiring

I don't mean to knock the 805's totally I just don't consider them a value.

Eldragon, I did very seriously consider the ACI's but went with the Sol's due to impedance and matching to my AE 25 Superamp. They sound great and am very happy even after living with N805's.

I want everyone to know my experience in the hope it may not only help others but illustrate my personal audio philosophy (VALUE).