B&W Nautilus 803's versus 804's and 802's

any opinions on the above 3 speakers. I like the sound of the 804's but want a LITTLE more bottom end and a LITTLE
more soundstaging. I found the 802's too big for my room. I'm sitting back about 9 feet from the speakers. The 802's mid range was clearer, there was more bottom end and more dynamics but I felt it was a little too much for how close I was to the speakers. I think the 802's are great if you have the room and can sit back far enough to really enjoy them.
jeffc

Showing 1 response by claud

As you can see from most of the responses, Natalie is right,"the size of your room dictates "which model you should use. B&W even say that the N804 is for small to medium size rooms, while the N803 is for medium size rooms. At 11'X13', my room is small, with 24" behind my speakers and a foot behind my head, I am right at 9' from my N804s. I have all the bass I want or need. Power is BelCanto EVo 200.2 through a Cary SLP 2002 preamp.
I think your N804s are all you need for your room size. These speakers need at least 300 hours to breakin. They will improve up to 500 hours according to many posts I have read. If you need more bass, add a sub , REL comes to mind.
claud