B&W Nautilus 802D, Wilson Sophia 2, or others?

I'm getting the upgrade itch again. My current speakers are Nautilus 802's and I am using a VAC PHI 110 setup with 8db negative feedback. The speaker impedance curve won't let me use the zero feedback setting. Overall the system sounds very good. Areas, I would like to improve would be bass impact or punch, a bit more clarity in the midrange. The room is approximately 15 by 14 with a vaulted ceiling going from 8 to 11ft. It is also open at the very top to a kitchen/dining room area so it acts like a bigger room. It does have a room peak in the 30-40hz range with a null around the 60hz range that I believe robs some impact. I love the looks of the Nautilus speaker and what I have does sound very good. From the reviews I have read the Diamond version improves in the areas I feel need improvement but still presents a difficult load requiring the amp to use negative feedback. The Wilson Sophia might present an easier load allowing Zero feedback with some sonic gain just from that change alone. I am a bit concerned that the Wilsons are ported to the rear since the front wall behind the speakers has seven foot wide french doors in the middle which might present a reflection problem. I have not listened to either speaker but metro Phx has dealers for both. Would somebody that is basically happy with the B&W speakers like the Wilson Sophias or should I just stick with the 802D's? Any other speaker recommendations that are compatible with the VAC amp? I don't like the looks of any speaker that looks like the basic box with drivers in it. Listening preferences are primarily jazz and vocals. I usually listen to music with peaks less than 90db but sometimes crank to peaks around 100db. I don't want it to crap out if I want to crank it. If anyone has upgraded from 802's to Diamond version, I would also appreciate your comments. Thanks
rhljazz
Panny,

If you are referring to a lack of audibility of some vocals (male vocals) in the mid-range to mid-bass, then yes. That is why I ultimately sold mine (among other less bothersome reasons as well)....
I don't have familiarity w. the 802Ds but did own the 801s. I upgraded to WP7s. In a nutshell I never looked back. Some prefer the diamond tweeter. The 7s didn't lack in bass, but the Sophia's might. The B&Ws, even the Ds will still have the kevlar midrange with all the negatives and positives. The agility for me is just missing. IME the B&Ws need to be played very loud to come alive.

Seeing your amp I would guess a Wilson speaker would be a nice match in terms of power.
I bought N.E.A.R's and had them modified and they are awesome.I audititioned the B&W's before I got in touch of Bill K. who just happened to have a few sets left and had worked on his pairs .

I could spen 1000's for better sound ,but why?

I hope that I find a good front end to accompany them now.

The Mid range suckout turned me off on B&W's other wise they are great speakers.
Just to add I am considering Wilsons when I get the money and have been inquring of what might be the amplification to be used.

With the advent of nerw Class D amps I wnder if they are up to the chore or if their are Class A amps like Plinius that might do better.

What turns me off to Cl.D amps are they are relatively inexpensive to manufacture so I cannot justify paying more than 1K for one.

I guess the most expensive part is the cosmetics and if they use ultra expensive components to justify the price.
Panny,

Check out the Bel Canto reference 1000s. I heard them with the Jospeh Audio rm33si at HE2007. They sounded really really nice considering the very low price. I'm considering those for my rear speakers in my surround setup (Wilson W/P8s in the front, Watch Center, and Sophia 2s in the back). I'll likely get another Ayre MX-R for the front to match with the other two I have driving the W/P8s...