B&W Nautilus 802D, Wilson Sophia 2, or others?

I'm getting the upgrade itch again. My current speakers are Nautilus 802's and I am using a VAC PHI 110 setup with 8db negative feedback. The speaker impedance curve won't let me use the zero feedback setting. Overall the system sounds very good. Areas, I would like to improve would be bass impact or punch, a bit more clarity in the midrange. The room is approximately 15 by 14 with a vaulted ceiling going from 8 to 11ft. It is also open at the very top to a kitchen/dining room area so it acts like a bigger room. It does have a room peak in the 30-40hz range with a null around the 60hz range that I believe robs some impact. I love the looks of the Nautilus speaker and what I have does sound very good. From the reviews I have read the Diamond version improves in the areas I feel need improvement but still presents a difficult load requiring the amp to use negative feedback. The Wilson Sophia might present an easier load allowing Zero feedback with some sonic gain just from that change alone. I am a bit concerned that the Wilsons are ported to the rear since the front wall behind the speakers has seven foot wide french doors in the middle which might present a reflection problem. I have not listened to either speaker but metro Phx has dealers for both. Would somebody that is basically happy with the B&W speakers like the Wilson Sophias or should I just stick with the 802D's? Any other speaker recommendations that are compatible with the VAC amp? I don't like the looks of any speaker that looks like the basic box with drivers in it. Listening preferences are primarily jazz and vocals. I usually listen to music with peaks less than 90db but sometimes crank to peaks around 100db. I don't want it to crap out if I want to crank it. If anyone has upgraded from 802's to Diamond version, I would also appreciate your comments. Thanks
rhljazz

Showing 1 response by sashav

I considered and auditioned both, 802D and Sophia II, in the end purchased PMC IB2.