B&W Nautilus 802, JRDG 112

First let me say that I truly enjoy my 802s, that isn't my problem. My situation is this, I was playing Bali Run by Fourplay ( Warner Bros. 9 26656-2) through my Jeff Rowland 112, and to my disbelief, the amp clipped. (left channel) I couldn't believe it. I reset the amp, played the same piece at the same level and half way through it silence had fallen upon me once again. This time it was the right channel. My friend and I were jamming at the time with the music levels a little higher than your normal listening levels. The piece that was playing was full and lively with a bottom end that was full and robust. The 112 was warm to the touch, not hot at all so what gives. I really like the way the 112 sounds and hate to give it up. Do I need more power? Am I to believe that the 112 rated at 150 watts per channel @ 8ohms can't drive the 802s with demanding music at a volume that was on a scale of 1-10 a 6 or 7. Did anyone ever experience this with the 112?
dannyv

Showing 1 response by onhwy61

Contact JRDG. A moderate amount of clipping should not cause the amp to shut down. I have a 112 and have not encountered this problem (driving Martin Logans).