B&W Nautilus 801s vs. Wilson Audio Sophia?

I'm considering the above 2 speakers. I have a Krell KSA-200s amp, Krell KRC-2 preamp (which I may replace with a Conrad Johnson Premier 17LS), and for my CD will either get the Krell SACD Standard or the Esoteric DV-50 (neither of which I've yet heard). I listen to classical music and hard rock, in a 13' x 23' room. Any opinions? Thanks.
liszt458

Showing 2 responses by exertfluffer

I've sold both Wilson's and B&W's. Personally, I might consider owning 804's in the right application if need be. But I prefer the transparent, dynamic, and higher sensitivity Sophia. Also allow more amp options if applicable.
everyone own's and likes their own stuff. EQUIPMENT MATCHING is way critical on analytical high end speakers. The more transparent, the more critical.
That other gentleman could easily have heard the Sophia's with some bright/cold gear in the system. You can't hear something in A SYSTEM, and make an ALL ENCOUMPASING ASSUMPTION! There's too many variables (unknown to the novice) that affect sound.
I've dealt with Wilson for years. They walk the line of total transparancy, if not total dynamic transparancy;...it's easy to push em over the edge, like many like them.