B&W Nautilus 801s vs. Wilson Audio Sophia?

I'm considering the above 2 speakers. I have a Krell KSA-200s amp, Krell KRC-2 preamp (which I may replace with a Conrad Johnson Premier 17LS), and for my CD will either get the Krell SACD Standard or the Esoteric DV-50 (neither of which I've yet heard). I listen to classical music and hard rock, in a 13' x 23' room. Any opinions? Thanks.
liszt458

Showing 1 response by dodgealum

Wow! I always find it fascinating how differently people can respond to the same product. Bigpowerballs (win the lottery or something else?) found the Sophia's "The most analytical, COLDEST, uninvolving speakers ever made". I've listened to them extensively and I cannot comprehend this assessment. While they may not be his cup of tea, this pan is way over the top. First, to my ears they are absolutely the reverse. Second, how can a $12,000 speaker EVER qualify as "The most analytical......" Third, given what I heard I can't even imagine this assessment with the Sophia's hooked up to a table radio. I know some people get really emotional about this audio thing but unless we keep some perspective the outside world will only be affirmed in their belief that we are all a bunch of nuts!