B&W Nautilus 800 vs 802D

I have noticed that the 802D's have started to come down in price and it's not unusual to find a pair of 800's at the same asking price here in Audiogon. I am shopping around and would like to know what other Audiogoners think about these two speakers? I have listend to the 802D's and liked them but not the 800's. I like the looks of the 800 but than again the weight of the 800's might be an issue. I will be loooking to match them up with McIntosh equipment. Specifically a MC-402 and C46.
Side Note: B&W is interesting because so many people have opinions on the speakers. I have owned the 805's, 803's, and 802's. I agree that these speaker's aren't perfect but for the price and sound, I think there really good. I personally have only heard one speaker that blows the 802D's out of the water and that was the Wilson's Maxx, but people forget that speaker's like Wilson and JM Focal Utopia costs thousands more.
I also think B&W works universally well with most audio products on the market. Some speakers you have to be careful what equipment you match them up with. Just my thoughts of B&W.
128x128musicaudio
MrChips, a couple things..1) I had never heard before that the N800 and the Signature 800 are the same, except the finish, contrary to the other Signature Series vs. Nautilus, please forgive me if this is the case. 2) I find your recent comments much easier to receive than your first. You had stated, "The 802D's are in essence N802's with a mod diamond tweeter which in fact is harsher and not as natural sounding." This could not be farther from the truth, the changes from the N802 to the 802D are very extensive and I certainly don't agree with your assessment of the tweeters, but as you say, to each their own.
Thanks for the responses. It's interesting that when people talk about the new Diamond series for the 802D's, most are in awe with the tweeter's performance. Having owned the original 802N's, I didn't think the tweeter was lacking imaging or detail and was happy with the performance. The bass, I thought was the major issue with these speakers. I first heard the 802D's at a dealer in Philipsburg. He had them hooked up to Krell equipment. Within the first few seconds of the demo, right away I could tell the new B&WD's was fuller but I also noted right away at how much better the bass was. I am wondering (considering my cheif complaint is bass with B&W) what has better/fuller bass the 802D's or the 800N's? I suspect the 800's because they have 2 10" woofers as opposed to 2 8" but I also know it depends on crossovers. And Finally to answer Mr.Chips question, it is true the 800's are rare on Audiogon but I have seen them posted for $8900obo. There is also a dealer in Boston that has one for under $10K. As for the 802D, I belive there is one posted now on this site for under 9K. Thanks!!!!
Put it this way everyone; whatever B&W speaker you may choose or own such as B&W 802D, N800, Signature 800, 800D ... etc. All are fine choices; you can't lose.

I will be listening to a little Art Blakey jammin on drums tonight.

ENJOY.
Mr. Chips, you are correct. Accept for aesthics, the 800 signature and the regular 800N, are the SAME.
This was a very healthy dialog. I like hearing about these issues from people that actually own the speakers and have had time to listen to them over a period of time. Thank you!