B&W Nautilus 800's vs my Tannoy D-700's ???

I'm contemplating trading "up" to the Nautilus.

Will I be blown away by the difference (better) sound?

Right now, I'm happy.... got oodles of power with 2 MacIntosh 352's bi-wired to these Tannoys, as many suggest to get the best out of them. But....

I'm looking for audio heaven and think these speakers are now the weak link in my system.

Opinions please? And, thanks in advance.

Oh, one other thing...I can't find anyone in all of Atlanta who has the 800's set up in a listening room! What do I do, buy these speakers on the basis of all the good reviews? Has anyone out there compared high end speakers they have with something else not yet purchased? How did you do it?

John
jbatlanta

Showing 1 response by gregm

IMO of course, but why on earth change from Tannoys??? Why not upgrade to another Tannoy range, say to a GRF Memory, or save up further for the Kingdom range?
The sound is excellent on all accounts -- particularly, I find dynamics and imaging and tonal balance, all first rate. Plus they are hi efficiency and have very good drivers.

Remember however, I mostly listen to, and judge by, classical music (natural instruments).
Unfortunately I never could afford the bigger Tannoys (that I wanted) -- but if you can..!