B&W N804

On one of my posts I mentioned that earlier this week I went to audition several speakers. The LINN ESPEK,PMC OB1,and the B&W 804's. The amp used for all three speakers was the LINN 2250. I know that the PMC's are well matched with Bryston amps and LINN matches their amps to their speakers but what about B&W. Aside from the Bryston and LINN amps my dealer also carries Anthem. I did at an earlier time hear the PMC/Bryston combo and found it quite good.

I'm new to the 2 channel audio world so my question is which of the three amps would best suit the B&W's. In the next few weeks I plan to revist and this time I'll bring my CDP(JoLida JD100a). Should I keep the amp/speaker combo's the same or should I insist that different speakers be connected to different amps.

Cheers
freakygreek

Showing 1 response by ltkije

My experience with the N803 Bryston 3BST/BP20 set-up was fine initially but the high-end began to become wearing - too hot and all too often, piercing (particularly the violins). I later swapped the BP20 pre for a tube pre and following that, the 3BST for a class A amplifier. Much happier with the initial change and very happy with the final result. Still have plenty of detail without the screech.