B&W N804 System Upgrade - Cary CD?

B&W N804 Speakers, Bryston 3B-ST Amp, Velodyne Subs, B&K AC3/DTS Surround Sound Processor, Sony DVD/CD player, Adcom 5 disc carosel, N Center, B&W Bipolar Rears, Synergistic interconnect, along with Kimber. I recently connected my N804s to a 300W Classe, and a 250W Bryson, used a Classe pre, and the Cary CD 301. Both amps created a fantastic sound stage reproducing a real life experience (just like a jazz club). By far the best listening experience ever, no price dependencies and systems in great stores. Noticed that the Cary CD sounded gave a great soundstage and separation. However, it my be giving up a little too much in detail and does not have HDCD. I'm looking for recommendations on going with any of the following upgrades: (1st choice) Cary CD 301 or 303 (2nd) Bryston 3BST to bi-amp the N804s (3rd) 250+W Bryston or another great amp (4th) Sony 9000ES DVD/SACD player (5th) Better pre/surround sound processor I think my CD is in dtrastic need of an overhaul, and I want to get the best sound out of my system. (60% Audio, 40% Movies)
ftbuckeye

Showing 1 response by simontju

Everything starts in thr source "garbage in - garbage out". The SACD will bring you into enrirely different world. Much much better then vinil, better then DVD-AUDIO, second only to real-life event. I owned 777ES and now own 9000ES. The later one is cheaper (I paid $1,075) but its midrange is much better. Bass also better, highs are worse because in 777ES you could remove easily low-pass 50kHz filter. In this one I am investigating how to do it. When it will be done, by defoult, in my system, highs will shine. In addition, you have DVD so you can watch, if you like to watch... You can listen to 24/96 DVD two channel music (e.g. Chesky, Classical Records etc). Finally, CDs also sound great very similat to best tube pre/power amp combination, and I am "toobe man". Good Luck!