B&W N803 or Signature 805?

This is my 2nd posting as my first somehow didn't come out.

I am well aware that this is an unfair comparison with the N803 being a floorstand and the S805 as a standmound. However, if given the opportunity, which would you choose? I am looking to upgrade my Sonus Faber Grand Pianos to either one of the two mentioned as I preferred the B&W house sound more than the former.

I would be most grateful if anyone who had heard both speakers would chime in and give your opinions. I currently have deals on both speakers and a purchase would be imminent.
ryder

Showing 2 responses by ryder

Thanks for responses. To put in another way, I preferred the B&W sound more than Sonus Fabers. I have owned the N805 and liked them much more than the Grand Pianos which are too warm for my listening preferences with a rolled off high frequency/treble.

The N805 is not too bad but was hoping to get more transparency, detail and dynamics with either both speakers mentioned.

Cheers.
Jamesw20, thanks for your recommendation in the Cremona Auditors. I will keep that in mind but it's likely I'll end up with the B&W's as I would like the versatility of the speakers being used in HT applications, and the fact that I'm biased toward B&W's at this point of time.

Mboldda1, I loved the Grand Pianos when I first bought them. Lived with them for a couple of years and had no complaints. But after I had a chance to listen to the N805 with the same components in my system, I then realized the shortcomings of the GP's, certain things I would like to have that are missing with these speakers. Both are great speakers but I just preferred the B&W's. As many have said, those who prefer Sonus Fabers won't like B&W's and vice versa. It just took me about 3+ years to figure out what I've been missing all this while.

Enjoy your music.