B&W N803 amp/pre amp advice please

On Saturday I purchased: B&W N803 and Arcam CD 23., Kimber 4� Bifocal X,
I currently have: Perreaux 2150B amp which produces
200wt at 8ohms and 400 watts at 4 ohms
and the Perreaux SM 2 pre amp. purchased these in 1984, sound great.
My room size is about 18X25
anyone experience Perreaux with the N803
is there a better match for me with the N803 and CD 23. I could spend up to 2k-2500 on the amp/pre amp.
My goal is to if I want TURN IT UP and hear the guitars and bass and drums maintain the clarity and the power and I get to smile making it loud, knowing this awesome guitar lead will be pure, not get distorted and have me grimace in pain..
Cable advice for this would be helpful and any ideas can be hepful.

So far in listening, I hear some muddiness in the bass, not clear and distinct and enjoyable , when loud, it gets a strained sound and the instruments get harder to single out, I don�t want this.,

I know there are a few questions here, so if it is best to answer what fits your knowledge best, then great , I say this as I don�t want to take up too much time. I know I been asking too much in too many ways.
thanks tho for those of you helping me. I am solo on this venture, I don�t have anyone to share the listening experience.the buying experience, sharing the learning experience
So, Audiogon is my partner in this fun and exciting hobby.
Mitch
128x128turnitup1234

Showing 1 response by glenalan

At your budget I'd recommend Rotel's RB1090 power amp (380w/p/ch). It has plenty of refined juice to run your current hungry 803s. It's also tonally well balanced and quite musical sounding.

glenalan