B&W N800, 800D, 802D for my room 16x17x8

I have a dedicated listening/hometheater room with size 16x17x8.

I'm considering B&W N800 or 800D or 802D.

I'm planning to keep it for a while.
Tight deep base is important.

Looks like N800 and 802D are about same price range.

I'm wondering if 802D will be plenty of bass for my room size. Also if it's worth paying the extra to go 800D over N800.

eandylee

Showing 3 responses by krell1

I use 802N's in a 13 X 24 room with 300 watts, they are still a great value here in the used market. Your the room size itself could pose more of a problem because the two walls are equal length. Make sure the sound accoustics are in place first because without proper treatment any speaker will not perform to it's capabilities.
I would get the 803D! they look awesome with the FST driver and 3 additional front woofers.

http://www.hometheatermag.com/floorloudspeakers/1005bw/#

It may sound typical with B&W but I have been listening to them since mid 90's because they "rock" & simply play everything great.
My room is 14'(front)X24'(deep) and use N802's and a 108" screen, There is 7'6" between them and sit about 10' back to the front row seating. I play both music and movies with excellent results. I also use stereo B&W ASW800 subs up front for just a little extra definition and authority but blended very naturaly. They are not needed but icing on the cake with the N802's. Best of luck with your results.