B&W in best buy

wondering what folks think of B&W being sold in best buy --

A sign of the times I would have to say-but sad

any thoughts?
shel50
Was it current product, or close out?
I'm sure any dealers they have left will want to know!
Post removed 
As much as I hate to say it, Its a good and bad thing.

I guess there will be more people actually exposed to a decent HI-FI and Theater.

With a little luck local dealers will be able to gain business by claiming "Well beat Best Buy" which will hopefully be possible as I'm sure B&W and Mcintosh are prestigious lines which demand a fair amount for their dealers. I cant see them just throwing away their whole dealer network to jump on a chain that while is doing good look at The Good Guys and Circuit City which have closed in the last 10 years as well as they closed down a good chunk of Magnolia Stores.

I find it somewhat hard to believe B&W would sell to Best Buy but then again they'll sell ALOT of $300 to 500 Speakers and small 5.1 systems (Not HTIB Im sure)

Heres to hoping for the best, A quick 6 month flash in the pan where it doesnt work but gets a bunch of people to get over to their local dealer come tax return time after they close down and forcing Best Buy to sell their gear to local dealers on the cuff at a discount to be passed on.
It can only and inevitably lower the prestige rating by association. And prestige is a hard-earned value in high-end audio, and a very important one in commanding premium prices by the manufacturer.
My understanding was that BB was only going to carry the 600 series but it sounds like they have moved up the line. I have not seen higher end speakers driven by MACs around here, but I will keep looking.

Existing B&W dealers typically carry the whole line. And, as much as they would like to sell just high end speakers, they also sell a lot of low end and mid range ones, especially if they also sell home theater. If they have to compete with Best Buy on a significant part of the line, I would not be surprised to see a signficant number of dealers drop B&W and Classe and find another alternative.