B&W CDM9NT vs Dynaudio Focus 260II

Currentely I am very happy with the 9NTs, but I can get a good deal on a pair of Dyns Focus 260II. ¿Would I get a significant difference in sound quality by getting the Dyns? I can not demo the Dyns, so my choice will be based merely on Internet reviews of the Dyn, However I would like to hear some commets of Dyns and B&W owners. My musical taste ranges from Rock classic, Reggae, Techno, etc. My other gear is: Shanling SCD-T200, Benchmark DAC1 and Rotel RB-1090 (so power to feed the Dyns is no a problem). Any help out there?
tiofelon

Showing 2 responses by xti16

If the Focus 260 is within your reach you may want to consider a demo. I had the original C1's and I thought it would be my last speaker. Well, until I heard the C1 MKII/Signature. With the originals the more you turned them up the better they sounded. The MKII's on the other hand sound fantastic at lower levels. Yeah I popped for the Signatures (love the mocha finish). As I understand the changes in the Confidence MKII and the new Focus are about the same. Upgraded internal wiring and an improved crossover. I've read the new Focus line is extremely close to the Contour line in sound (which does not make current Contour owners very happy).

It would be very interesting to compare the 220 to the 260 side by side at all listening levels.

I know I didn't mentioned it but my vote is for the Dyn's. ;)
I've read the contour line is close to the older confidence line with more punch:) And some are not happy to pay more for little difrence :))
I agree - if you are looking for a more forward presentation. To me the C1's have a more natural/neutral sound.