B W CDM 9 NT versus Nautilus 804

After extensive listening and numerous increases in my speaker budget, I have narrowed my search to one of the above B&W speakers. These speakers will be my first hi-end audiophile purchase. I will have to upgrade components slowly, but figured speakers would be my first big expense. I will use them for 60% music, %40 HT. Music ranges from Mahler to occas. Metallica and everything in between.

My question is this: I have seen the N804's on sale here for around $2500, about the same price as a new CDM 9NT. However, I have not seen many used CDM 9NT's listed. I can afford either pair. Should I step up to the Nautilus line and buy used, or should I stick with a new pair of the 9 NTs? Interested in any advice the more experienced may have.
brewsky

Showing 1 response by mdorsam

Regarding the amp for the N804s:
I'm using the B&K 202 (one generation removed from the current 3xx series), pushing N802s: the B&K is transparent, although for the hungry N802s I added B&K monoblocks, with the 202 driving the HTM-1 Center (a N804 in a box), as well as N805 rears: the amp is a great reasonably priced solution. The Rotel was rated very well in the articles that I read.