B&W ASW610 subwoofer burned out twice now

One of my two B&W ASW610 subwoofers last year experienced a circuit board overheat and burned out.  The fuse didn't protect the unit from whatever caused the burn out.  I use a PS Audio power cord into a PS Audio Power Port so I know it's not that.  My dealer ordered in a new circuit board from B&W and replaced it at their store.  All was well until just now today. I upgraded the cable today and when i went to unplug the unit, the circuit board burned again.  The odor was very strong and I know it's not the fuse. The unit is dead.  I have a mind to toss it out in the garbage but for what it's worth, anyone have any ideas as to why this subwoofer would burn out twice and my other ASW610 operates perfectly.  Same system, same room, they're both about the same age, etc.  It is a lemon?  What am I doing wrong?
pdn

Showing 1 response by millercarbon

Its not you. You've done nothing wrong. If it can be fixed again under warranty do that and sell it. If not then no point throwing good money after bad. But no point throwing the sub out either. Not when it can still be used as a perfectly good passive sub.

Go somewhere like PartsExpress.com find the Dayton sub amp, find a nice sub kit. Get 3 now, or however many you can afford. Always can add more later. The more you get, the better it will be. But even two or three will be massively better than what you had. And a lot more reliable.