B&W 805S vs Wilson Benesch ARC vs Dynaudio S1.4

If money is not a matter, which pair monitor speaker you prefer? include the sound, resale value, and outlook.
audiorichard
Here's on Outlook! How can someone be thinking about purchasing a new pair of speakers, and prior to doing so already questioning resale value? Especially if money is not a matter.
The WB ARC's are the only speakers you are considering that ac
tually use the latest technology. That is Carbon Fiber rather than wood chips with a bunch of glue. Extreme transparancy, excellent dynamics and un paralled tonal quality. Good resale too.
The B&W's will win hands down for resale. Not necessarily the most money back, but in comparison to the retail price, the highest percentage back.

Funk, it's not unusual for people to consider selling the speakers even before they are bought. I know in advance that I change my mind a lot when it comes to audio gear. It pays to plan ahead.
Jim is right-on with his comments on the WB's. I heard both and actually auditioned the ARC's in my listening room for about 2 months. I currently have N804's in my system. The ARC's are very balanced tonally, had wonderful soundstage, and had "presence" to them I found very enjoyable. The 805S is also quite good. Slightly more forward with more emphasis in the treble region. Excellent imaging. The bass was tighter on the B&W, maybe too tight for some folks. My personal preference would be the WB's. As always, it's best if you can try them in your own listening room. All the best. Forrest.
This is the most foolish statement I have seen yet:

"Here's on Outlook! How can someone be thinking about purchasing a new pair of speakers, and prior to doing so already questioning resale value? Especially if money is not a matter."

So when you buy a house, before you give them 10s of thousands of your hard-earned dollars, you pay no mind to resale potential, future land use etc either I suppose. Good strategy.

B&W's have great resale value, probably better on a percentage basis than the WB primarily because there more demand for them in the marketplace than the WB. The WB is pure eyecandy, and ear candy I am sure, but they don't have the market power of B&W yet, if ever.