B&W 805S.. Anyone listen yet?

I've had my pair for about a week now. That is after owning two pairs of Signature 805's, and one pair of Nautilus 805's. I have some initial impressions, but before I mention those, I'd love to hear from other members. As I understand it, both the 805S and the signatures have their strong points and weak points. That coming directly from technical support at B&W when asked what the differences were.

I've owned about 20 pairs of speakers in the past couple years. I was happy with the signatures, but finances forced the sale. When I was ready to get back into it, the new "S" was available. I'm not real interested in hearing suggestions for other speakers, only from those that have experience with these. Thanks,

Seth
s7horton

Showing 1 response by thechair

I don't own these new 805S's but have done some listening at a dealer on Rotel gear and do own some CDM1NT's. I had intended to purchase a pair in light cherry but decided to listen to other monitors first.

I thought the imaging and soundstage were great. The tweeter was excellent. But there was some coloration in male vocals (Johnny Cash baritone.) And, as set up in store, much less bass extension than local competition. (Revel M22, Paradigm S2 and S4.) I was a B&W guy walking in, but frankly I'd take any of the latter 3 over the 805S's. I still like them, and may get a pair down the road for my bedroom, but right now I'm after cluck for my buck and they ain't it.