B&W 805S.. Anyone listen yet?

I've had my pair for about a week now. That is after owning two pairs of Signature 805's, and one pair of Nautilus 805's. I have some initial impressions, but before I mention those, I'd love to hear from other members. As I understand it, both the 805S and the signatures have their strong points and weak points. That coming directly from technical support at B&W when asked what the differences were.

I've owned about 20 pairs of speakers in the past couple years. I was happy with the signatures, but finances forced the sale. When I was ready to get back into it, the new "S" was available. I'm not real interested in hearing suggestions for other speakers, only from those that have experience with these. Thanks,

Seth
s7horton

Showing 1 response by poorguy

I used to own N805 & am using Signature 805. I experienced the problem Wrightstuff mentioned about sibilance on female vocal with B&W FS805 stands. Then, the problem disappeared after I used replaced B&W stands with Sound Anchor stands. In my experience, Signature 805 is definitely better than N805, better shadow, easier to drive, and taking less time to break in.