B&W 805 to 804

I have the N805's in my system now,but have a good chance of upgrading to the 804's. My one concern is the size of my room. It's 15'by 15' by 7'. I sit 9 feet back now from the 805's and there are 8' feet apart. The 804's will be in the same place,but with them being a larger speaker will I be able to enjoy them at lower levels?
Main pieces are Anthem AVM 30,ATI 1807,Denon 2900.
The smaller speakers are fine but but that dedicated mid range is nice. Little Help Guys.
coach-duplicate-0

Showing 1 response by jc51373

I used to have N804s and I am upgrading to 803Ds, but....In the meantime my dealer gave me a set of 805s while I save up the rest of the money for the 803Ds, so I don't go clinically insane..I am listening to them now actually, and they are nice, very nice for the $$. But IMO not even in the same league as the 804 bass-wise. Don't get me wrong, they are nice, very clear and have the B&W signature sound, which is very enjoyable to me. But these little monitors have taught me one thing, there is reason there are floorstanders and monitors. I notice differences not only in the bottom end but also the midrange richness, being less with the 805s. For what they are they are outstanding, but you will notice a significant difference with 804s no doubt.