B&W 805 SIGNATURES - PLEASE HELP

HI, I HAVE VERY LITTLE UNDERSTANDING OF ELECTRONICS AND DESPEATLEY NEED SOME ADVICE. I HAVE A SET OF 805 SIGNATURES THAT I LOVE I'M CURRENTY DRIVING THEM WITH A SET OF QUAD II ANIVERSARY POWER AMPS AND USING A CREEK PASSIVE PRE AMP.
QUESTIONS
1) AM I IN ANY DANGER OF DAMAGING THE SPEAKERS OR AMPS BY USING SUCH UNDER POWERED AMPS (CLIPPING OR DAMAGE TO THE AMPS TRANSFORMERS).
2) WHAT AMPS SHOULD I USE / SHOULD I FORGET TUBES.
3) IF YOU HAD THIS KIT WHAT WOULD YOU DO, I'D LIKE TO KEEP THE 805'S
I LIKE A WARM BUT DYNAMIC SOUND, I REALISE I MIGHT BE ASKING FOR TOO MUCH, LIKE THE MOON ON A STICK...
ANY REPLYS GREATFULY ACCEPTED... AND PLEASE REMEMBER I DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL THE NUMBERS, MANY THANKS
konglish
Hi Konglish,

If you look in your price range here you will see Classe M1000 monos, Parasound JC1s, Pass 250.5, McMormack 250 special edition. All would probably suit your speakers very well. I would suggest if interested, you agree a price with seller, have them send to manufacturer as the 'honest broker' and have them convert voltage (if necessary...some of the above are already 230-240v).

As for local repairs...i sometimes will pay a fee to my local dealer for taking the shipment and helping to install...as a nice way of 'doing business with them' and they look after me for repairs in the future.
THANKS LLOYD,
SOME REAL EXOTIC STUFF IN THERE. WILL HAVE TO SELL THE QUAD II'S TO FUND THE BUY. THAT SHOULD GIVE ME AROUND £2000 OR $3000 TO SPEND, I CAN TOP THAT UP A LITTLE BRINGING ME TO A BUDGET OF AROUND $4000 OR £3500. I'LL BE LOOKING AT 2ND HAND PURCHASE FROM e-BAY OR REPUTABLE DEALER AND DON'T MIND BLOWING THAT TOTALLY ON THE POWER AMP/AMPS, AND UPDATING THE PRE LATER. COULD YOU SUGGEST ANY UK BUILT AMPS, I'M UK BASED AND USING A UK MANUFACTURER MAKES IT EASY FOR SERVICE AND BACK-UP. HAVE YOU HEARD OF GLEN 'CROFT ACOUSTICS' HE BUILDS TUBE AMPS AND TUBE/TRANNY HYBRIDS HE'S FROM MY HOME TOWN.
THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME, MANY TANKS ADAM BILLS
Hi Konglish,

With your speakers (which are excellent!), you are NOT in danger with your Quad amps...UNLESS you play them super-loud. If i were you, and i liked your speakers, i would keep them. they are extremely good speakers!

If you want more power, your speakers will definitely enjoy having the extra power. B&W speakers tend to do better with high quality, high current power. Sim Moon Audio, Classe, Gryphon, Vitus, Lamm...all of these SS amps will be great (in my opinion) with your speakers.

If you wish to go with tubes, you should be fine...i would suggest higher powered CJ amps (LP140), VAC...go for