B&W 804s vs. Von Schweikert VR4jr

Has anybody had the chance to listen to / compare these two speakers? My local shop really pushes B&W and no one around here carries VSR. I listened to the 804S and liked them well enough, but I'm a huge fan of the VR4 (originals) which I had the chance to hear a few times about 9 years ago. I'm assuming that the jrs of today would be similar to the VR4 from back then (probably lacking some in the low end, but similar). I'm looking to the smaller ones simply because my wife isn't interested in having speakers as large as the VR4 in our room.

Anyhow, any advice / experiences you can offer would help. I'm assuming that I would like the jrs more based on my other VSR experiences (I listened to their entire line). However, not having had the chance to compare directly with the B&Ws, I'm relying on you guys for some help.

Thanks.
cowscmhm

Showing 1 response by tgrisham

Congrats! I would like to add that it takes a few weeks or more to realize the best that VS speakers can offer. I have slowly inched my VR $JRs around and little by little I have found the best spot. Also, the do develp a richer midrange and slightly deeper bass as they break in. Have fun!