B&W 804S vs Def Tech Mythos ST

After many weeks of research and auditioning, I have narrowed my speaker choice down to B&W 804S and Def Tech Mythos ST.

These will be for my mains in a room used 75% music and 25% home theater. The room is 12'x20x8'.

Which is my best bet for this situation?

Thanks,

Josh
beatboy77
I don't have the exact same model, but very similar. I have the 803N and the older Def Tech BP2002, here's why I have 2 set of speakers. Your main goal is toward music, then go with the B&W, lots more details but less bass, which you could understand why. The Def Tech for movies is just insanely good thanks to it build-in subs. How about getting the B&W and a separate sub, that's probably makes more sense for you.
Thanks for the input. That is kind of how I was thinking too. Go with the B&W's and add a nice sub.

Thanks,

Josh
The Mythos ST is a different animal than DefTech bi-polar designs. Incredible detail and rock solid imaging. If you a/b'd them against the B&Ws my money would be on the Mythos. I've owned a pair and have listened to the B&UWs a few times as well. Trust your own ears. Listen to both and then decide.