B&W 804s or 703s?

Hi. I have never posted before, but have owned smaller B&Ws for nearly 5 years now.

Due to a move, it is time to upgrade to bigger speakers.

I can get both the (old) N804 or the (new) 703 for about the same price from a local dealer. I am concerned about the lack of bass on the N804, but I believe it is considered to be a better all around speaker. I listened to the 703s and really like them, too.

I like both. Please help with your opinions. I am using a Sony 777ES amp for now, with a 777ES cd/dvd player. My usage is evenly split between home theatre and 2 channel audio, although quality of 2 channel audio is much, much more important to me than home theatre. (I know either speaker will do well with stupid home theatre use).

Your opinions will be appreciated. Thank you.
jromeoj

Showing 1 response by blackie

Sbrtoy, he was asking about the 703 (not the N803) vs. the N804 as he can get them around the same price. I'm not sure what you mean but the 703 & N804 are both 3-way designs, neither being a 2.5 way as you mentioned.
On to the original poster, the N804 shares very similar characteristics as the 703 yet is more refined and yes, a better overall speaker. Everything the 703 does, the N804 does a bit better and for the same price should be a no-brainer.