B&W 804 nautilus OR Revel f30

B&W 804 or REVEL F30? I am looking for a new set of speakers. i can get a set of used Nautilus 804 for about $2100 or a set of used Revel F30 for $1900. what do people think about them what would you pic? i have a Conrad Johnson SA-250 ss amp, Proceed PRE preamp and a Rotel 971 cd player. what would go best with this set up? i like everything from jaz and rock and a bit of classical.
thanx
caterham

Showing 3 responses by jrwr7

Hello lchapper,

I was trying to make the same choice as you, about a year ago. I went to one dealer and listened to the N804 and then went directly to the next dealer and listened to the F30. I was more impressed with the F30s. They offered a bigger, better soundstage, more depth and more focused, tuneful bass. Of course, the accompanying equipment was different as well as the auditioning rooms. My preference was just that, my preference. These speakers my show better, or worse, with different equipment and in different listening environments. The best thing to do is listen to both speakers, if that is possible, to get an idea for yourself which speaker works best with your equipment and the type of sound reproduction you are trying to achieve. Good luck and happy hunting.......John
Hey lchapper,

As I said before, my preferences are just that, my preferences. The speakers may sound better or worse to the next guy in the next room and that is usually the case. Also, as I said before, you should try and listen to the speakers in your system and hear for yourself which you prefer. Again, good luck and happy hunting......John