B&W 804 Diamond vs Dynaudio Focus 380

Has anyone had a chance to listen to these two speakers and form any opinions about the strengths and weaknesses of each one's sonic characteristics?
mkash3

Showing 2 responses by raindog031

I did not heard contour 5.4 but expect it is better speaker than focus 380...his esotar tweeter should be customised by higher engineering specs. than focuse model...but focus is not far i suppose...regarding the punch...i got better control, punch allover the spectre when using kubala sosna emotion PC with gryphon diablo amp(i tried atleast dozen PCs)...also what added significantly control, presence, punch is amp itself...becuz of power i suppose...on amps of lesser strength i tried with 380 as karan ka-180mk2 and luxman e-590a2 allthough sounding good it hadnt got enough control to fully appreciate speakers(on more demanding material transcients where not nearly so realistic)...so if you ever choose dyns...any dyns...my friendly advise is to feed them with lots of quality power and buy best as possible cabling and source...you will hear wonders...very neutral non colored speakers that can do all music good...at the end its just about how good production is...if its bad you will hear crap...if good you will be rewarded...i have no experience with bowers D series but i hear mixed opinions...if there is anything else you want to know about focus 380 ask freely...regards...