B&W 803N vs REVEL F30. Which is a better choice??

HELLO, FELLOW AUDIOPHILE MEMBERS

I NEED SOME OPINIONS ON WHICH OF THESE TWO SPEAKERS
ARE A BETTER CHOICE TO USE WITH MY MARK LEVINSON 331
POWER AMP. DO YOU THINK YOU CAN FIND A USED REVEL ON THE
INTERNET FOR AROUND $2300-2500?? THE NEW LINE FOR THE
F30 WILL BE REPLACED WITH THE F50.

THANKS,
128x128hchg888
First the F50's are NOT replacing the F30's!!! The F50's are filling in the gap between the F30's and the Ultima Studios!!! The F30's are 3500.00 and the F50's are $8k.

I have auditioned both of these speakers you mentioned and I feel the Revels are a MUCH better value!! They would be a great match for you M.L. amp!! Also are you intending on using it in a H.T. environment? I found for H.T. that the Revel Performas Series is excellent! The most recent Home Theater and SGHT mags just reveiwed the entire Performa line and got the 2nd highest rating I have ever seen for speakers!

Happy listening

Michael
Hello, I have heard them both. I prefer the B&W 804/803. If you have enough money for the B&W 803(5000.00) than I would suggest to invest a little more and purchase a used or demo pair of N 802's which can be found for as little as $5500.00! The Nautilus 802's will blow away the 803's and hold its own against the Revel Ultima speakers. Thanks, Paul

Here is proof about the B&W 802's. Follow this link
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1288502103&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1004397024&indexURL=0&rd=1
I have tried them all it seems. N803s are much better across the board. They cost more for a reason and I know there always isnt a reason but in this case there is. The Salons Studios And gems are hard to beat regardless of price when matched with an all Levinson system.If you want that synergy then get the gems with a sub and your home. I use a pair of B&W N803 Mark Levinson 39 cd player directly to my Krell FPB 200C and my system sounds great. Good Luck Gino
I've listened pretty carefully to 803N and 804N, as well F30 in my room. The 804N's anemic bass and therefore lightweight balance was unacceptable. The 803N sounded GREAT from ajoining rooms (indicating fine power response balance?), but would NOT cohere in my nearfield triangle (common problem with the larger Nautilus).
The Revel, however, sounded great in the nearfield, and clearly has the best midrange of the three. The 803N indeed produces PRODIGIOUS bass, but doesn't make music in a small-medium room. All results will vary, but I actually would take the F30 at PAR with the 803N ($$ wise)! Dood luck,
Ern
I own N803's so naturally I am going to tell you that it is the right choice. I have had the opportunity to hear the F30's driven by Levinson gear and they sounded really good. I would go so far to say that in each respective price point each of these speakers are price/performance leaders, especially if your musical taste leans toward classical, jazz, folk, and non heavy metal rock. If the price difference is less than $1500 on the used market I would tell you go for broke and pick up a pair of N803's. If the price difference is around $1500 on the used market the F30's is a better bang for your buck.
Happy Hunting,
Drew
I have owned the 803n, and heard the revel f30, and in my opinion with solid state-the revels get the nod for the price difference. Both are very solid,but the f30 for the money is tough to beat- Want a little better?, check out a used pair of herons from Meadowlark..
I would agree with royy. I have heard both and have owned the 804 and the 803. I only appreciated the revel's when it was a studio or a salon. I have also think mark levinson and B&W nautilus series is a wonderful combination.
I listened to both speakers and to my opinion the 803 is a little better, the 804 and the F30 is about in the same category.