B&W 802d Misleading Information and Scammers

Hello,
I am relatively new to this forum. About two months ago I decided after hearing some 802d speakers that I would invest in a pair. I read up everyday on different forums on this site and others about peoples opinions on these speakers but mainly about how to run them. I was convinced after so much talk that my 802d would not run on my Marantz sl7300 (100wpc) receiver. Anyways after setting them up just to test I was surprised that they still sounded very good, granted that I do have to turn it right up to get some substance out of it.
I am going to upgrade the cable and put a power amplifier in but I thought if there was anyone else out there in a similar situation to me that this information would be some peace of mind.
The other thing that I found was that when trying to purchase these speakers that almost everybody on ebay selling them was a scammer and for some reason unknown to me paypal is not a preferred method to be paid, where is the guarantee that you will get your goods?? Has anybody else had run ins with who they think were scammers?
mommyshortarms

Showing 1 response by baranowski

A lot of scammers out there, just look at their inforamtion or what and how they want payment.... better yet buy local and go and listen to them, even if it is a day drive, it is worth it.

I currently have the 802N.... I run them for mostly home theater as my fronts, so if you are speaking two channel listening opinion will vary... GREATLY...

For home theater I just an anthem statment amp, it works great. Am I missing something in the sound???? I could not tell you as I have never A/B it against a "better" amp in my room.

I too would get away from the "receiver" type of amplification and go with a good seprate amp... look for something that comes close to doubling its watts for 8 to 4 ohms.. and again to 2 ohms if that amp goes down that far.