B&W 802D

I have a pair of B&W 802D's.  The woofers keep blowing out.  I drive them with a pair of Mark Levinson No 436.
Anyone else out there have this problem?  I have found the reliability of these speakers to be lacking
128x128dukerd74
Interestingly I have just purchased a used pair of B&W 802D speakers to replace my N801 speakers. Playing them at very high SPL (greater than 100 dB), with a Krell TAS amp, has not caused any issues. I believe they are a very robust speaker, maybe there is an issue with you amp? How many woofers have you blown?
I have B&W 803 N.   First generation. Not diamonds I purchased in 2002 new
i have been using them with Krell 450 MCX mono blocks.  And to my surprise no problems.   I mostly listen to med levels but plenty of loud sessions
17 years of same set up and still the speakers sound good for what they  are and do

R

If from an LP, you need to invoke a subsonic filter.
Otherwise, use a multimeter, and measure the DC output. Should be nearly zero.
I have blown 3 woofers, in different channels, with different amps.  Originally was driving 802D's with a Krell, 125W/channel.  Upgraded to the ML's to try and solve this problem.  No luck.
I had B&W 802D's, and they were some of the most reliable speakers I ever owned.
Can we get a precise description of what happened?  Blown woofer isn’t enough information.  
First, what happened sonically, and under what listening conditions?
Was the failure a melted voice coil, torn surround, damaged cone, etc? 
I wouldn’t think it possible to destroy woofers in that speaker during any normal usage.

Don't blame B&W,  you obviously need bigger drivers with a higher power rating. I have 800 Diamonds and even peaking 1000W on bass heavy program, woofers are fine.