B&W 802 N vs. D

I apologize in advance since this is probably an old question, but can someone summarize for me the differences in the sound of the 802 N and 802 D? I am wondering if the D's are worth the extra $$ they go for.
diw

Showing 3 responses by dave_b

DIW, if it matters to YOU, then it will be worth the money. All of this is baseless without knowing how you listen, the gear involved, the music you prefer, the room design and your overall priorities for sound reproduction. Since you have B&W and seem to like them, go for the D's in the front/Mains position...absolutely no need for D's in the rear.
Diw, did you decide yet? It's a shame so many people can have so little to offer. If you like the B&W sound then the D's will sound much smooter and more open with less grain and a sweeter tone. If you want a complete overhaul then many possibilities exist that are more efficient to drive and may be more expressive at lower volume levels.
Budt, correctomundo my friend! I have been very happy with an integrated amp after having spent $50K plus on seperates over the years. There are many paths to audio nirvana:O)