B&W 802 Diamond Stands

I recently purchased a pair of the B&W Diamond 802's. I am extremely pleased with the speakers and when I listen in nearfield (7' away and 6'5" spacing between the speakers) they do great in my 16 x 14 x 10 room. However, if I widen the distance between the speakers a bit and move the chair back a few more feet I get a more expansive and coherant presentation, but some occasional bass overload.

So I am wondering if the supplied tip-toes will make a material difference or some stands (Sound Anchors) will help the overload at all. Room treatments really aren't an option given that the room's walls and corners are pretty well covered and/or filled up.
okonrad

Showing 3 responses by goatwuss

How do the 802 Diamonds sound in comparison to the Piegas? My friend has C3LTDs which sound great, and I've always liked the 802 series...
Thanks for the comparison - that's about what I would have thought. With the 802 having bigger drivers and much more cabinet volume they are going to have much more bass impact. The tricky thing is making it work in a smallish room without having problems, which it looks like is the problem that you are facing. Sounds like tonally they are a bit more on the warmer side compared with the Piegs.
Sounds like you have them dialed in - very nice! I've found that big B&Ws like big amps - those new Classes should bring things up a notch or two