B+W 801D

Well, I have been through a few speakers since I last posted here. I have never been able to hear the 801D and am looking for opinions from people who have actually heard this speaker.
Any and all input appreciated.
budt

Showing 2 responses by koegz

i owned the 800D's for a few yrs. for the price range, they are very good looking(wife pleasers) and very good sounding, with the right amplifacation(not boomy at all) speakers. their bottom end, again with the right amplification, is tight, strong and deep. that said they are a little bright and at times a little harsh. they are great for home theater and represent real value. for 2 channel they are a more then an adequate in their price range. they are a value speaker, not for everyone. few elitest like them. but B&W knows what they are doing and how, with limitations, to build a true real value speaker.
Budt; everyone thinks what they own is the best and that they know the most or they do the most research or have the best ear. i have owned a lot of B&W speakers, from a complete signature surround system to the 800d's. in total about 16 dif models. i sold them all on audiogon. the one thing they all had in common was quick easy sales at very good price to purchase. in the end they cost me from nothing to very little to own. to me this is another way, maybe the most important way, to judge a speaker, or any other item. had there been a speaker to move up to, i may have bought that, but i had exhausted their range so it was time to move on. notice i am not trying to push the rockport line, not because i am not happy with them, i am. they are my final purchase, i hope. i just don't believe in trying to alter, like others, to my taste. i will say you would be much better off with the 800's over the 801's. make sure you judge for yourself, in the end, ITS YOUR MONEY!