B&W 801 Series 80 Bi-amping

I have a pair of PSB Synchrony 1s which have bi-amping capability, which I did off my 5-channel Bryston 9B-SST amplifier. The sound was fantastic after doing that.

I put the PSBs aside as I recently inherited a pair of B&W 801 Series 80 speakers from my departed father. Out of the box they do not appear to have bi-amping capability. I came across a post where someone with the same speaker said "...maybe split at the crossover for bi-amping."

Can someone explain what this means and what's involved? Maybe point me to an article? Is this a plug-n-play activity, require additional equipment, etc.? I am curious since I had such good results bi-amping my PSBs.

Thank you.

olfac87

I found the schematic on the net, It is a parallel xover design, you can disconnect the 6.5mH coil from the input (marked X in red) and wire it to the positive side of a new set of blinding posts, that will be the LF input for bi-amp and the existing blinding posts will used for HF and MF input.

What about the negative imhififan? Cut the negative right next to the positive red X and put the wire to the (added 2nd) negative binding post? :-) That will work, ay?

Regards.

Ok, so this looks like an internal wiring job. Thanks for confirming this is way beyond anything I’m willing to attempt. Single channel it is. 

What about the negative imhififan? Cut the negative right next to the positive red X and put the wire to the (added 2nd) negative binding post?

@oldhvymec , thanks! I forget to mention the negative binding post, it need to cut the trace on PCB to separate LF negative from MF and HF negative connection.