B&W 801 2or 3

I'am interested in fellow 801 users about what kind of amps works well with the 801's. I still believe this is still one of the greatest speakers evry made period. A true classic that is still awesome to listen to. I've owned many speakers of different types and I still come back to the 801's series two or three. I just can't believe you can get these so cheap. There way under priced on the used market. I like these also better than the new series. The new natilus cabinets look sort of cheap made compared to the matrix series. But there again all newer speakers look cheap on there fit and finish. Companies want more money for a lesser built product usually .Whats your opinion or thoughts on these "GREAT SPEAKERS" ?
sr65

Showing 2 responses by jimwitnauer

I hate to pick, but I cannot understand how you would call the build quality "cheap" on the new Nautilus series B&W's. I personally own a pair of Matrix series 802's (similar in build to the 801's) and they simply don't compare (in any way) to the Nautilus series. I have had quite a bit of experience with the Nautilus series. I have spent thousands of hours listening to a pair of Nautilus 802's, and they SMOKE the matrix 802's in every capacity.
I hate to pick, but I cannot understand how you would call the build quality "cheap" on the new Nautilus series B&W's. I personally own a pair of Matrix series 802's (similar in build to the 801's) and they simply don't compare (in any way) to the Nautilus series. I have had quite a bit of experience with the Nautilus series. I have spent thousands of hours listening to a pair of Nautilus 802's, and they SMOKE the matrix 802's in every capacity.