B+W 800D vs 801D

Has anyone compared these 2 speakers? I see some info on the 800D but not the 801D.Thanks in advance for your input.
budt
Here is another thread with Review of 801D
After reading all comments I would recommend to listen first and then make a decision. For me, as someone else already pointed out, the design of 801D doesn't make sense. But since I didn’t audition them I can’t judge.
There has been written an article about these two in one test in a German magazine in 2005.
The 801 has more drive in the low freq. But the 800 has more speed and accuracy. It also depends what your own preference is. Abbey Road used the 801 Nautilus for many years, but now they use the 800D. The 801 is a lot cheaper. And the 800 looks so much better. So make your own choice
I always thought the value speaker in the line up was the 803.Now the new D is $3K more but goes as low as the original 802N.That and the inclusion of two high end subs like maybe the Velodyne DD18's (though many would find one would do the trick.The 804N's sound was to closed in and no stage depth stage the old price diferrence of $1500 was well worth it.Now if they put that fine twetter on the 805N than and subs would be a great combo especially for HT for those on a budget constraint.Still the extra 7" drfiver in the new 803D makes it still the value speaker in the line and if you don't hear enopugh difference than th 803S at $5500 is still the value speaker in the line.But in the used market the 802N's would be worth the difference.This is for those of us who can't imagine even DRIVING something that costs as much as the 800.Wish I could and choose the best Meridian CD and maybe the new EAR turntable.My whole rig including a decent turntable wouldn't add up to the 800 price.
Chazzbo
Budt, I don't know how new you are to audio but from your profile you've just begun posting.

That being said, if you are considering either of these speakers it might not be a bad idea to audition other brands. You are talking serious money here and there are other manufacturers' models that you might enjoy more at a lower cost.

IMO both the 800D and 801D are power hungy under achievers.