B&W 800d's or MAGICO V3's?

considering a move from my 800d's to the V3's? is this a side ways move or will it be a big improvement?
koegz

Showing 3 responses by dhaan

Audiooracle, I am sure Magico is really sad you did not pick them up. After all who would go with SBS if they can go with a guy like you working out of his van.
Sirspeedy - I thought we already established the fact that you did not hear the V3 properly set up. I wonder, where did you hear them? And please do not tell me it was the HE2007 show. I also wonder how your impression correlates with some other guys here that claim that he actually "understand the quality of build and the detailed sound (Although they “don't look their price”)" But have an issue with the 2 years warranty (It is actually 3 years but let’s not confused anyone with the facts).
Sirspeedy - As you know, I am a big fan of the brand. I have owned both speakers and have heard them both all over the world many many times (I travel a lot and I spend most of my “down time” at audio shops). Properly set up, there is simply no way, one would think that the mini is “A LOT better“ then the V3. First, they are very similar to begin with. Yes the Minis are special. They do certain things better/different then the V3. But the V3, that is almost as good/different as the mini in these few certain areas, do things that the Mini simply can not do. All over the world, most dealers and demos that I heard confirm that. Most dealers prefer the V3 and I understand that Magico sell may more V3 then Mini. You may still prefer the Mini but to say that it is “ALOT better” is simply irresponsible. Unless you heard them in the same environment, with the same gear, properly set up, you should not form any conclusions.