B&W 705

hi. i think i am looking to change speakers, i need help! i currently own jm labs focal profile 918's. i've had them for about 8 months. my current set up is: b.a.t. amp and pre amp, rega saturn cd player, running springs power conditioner, kimber cable speaker cable, and jps labs inter connects. this is my dilemma, i recently was in an audio shop in rochester ny, and listened to b&w 705 speakers, and was surprised at how much more i heard, soundstage, imaging, etc. made my focals sound "dry" for lack of a better word. anyone have any experience with b&w's? also, any opinions on the asw700 sub or the 700 series tower speakers? i have a smaller listening room, bout 10' away. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. by the way, it sucks living in buffalo!!!!
gilman6125

Showing 1 response by netnubar

Hey Gilman6125,

I have a pair of B&W 705s - they're great speakers. I don't know much about the rest of the range as I have not auditioned any of them.

My 705s are paired with an Arcam integrated amp. I really can't say how they'll sound with your pre+power amp combination. I suppose you might have to go down to your dealer and ask to hear the 705s with your amp (or something equivalent).

As for the sound of your current setup, you can improve the sound by, for example, adding curtains or moving your speakers away from corners. It takes some 'experimenting'.