B&W 705 S2 or Elac Adante S-61

Hello all!

Has anyone auditioned either of these speakers? They are both $2500 a pair. It's nearly impossible to hear anything before you buy it anymore. I like a smooth silky sound with nice high frequency extension and upper mids that are not strident or harsh. I would be using dual subs with either one. I listen to music like Steely Dan, classical, jazz like Lee Ritenour. I don't listen real loud. I'm have Revel F208s now. Thanks in advance.

Ben

honashagen
I purchased these speakers 2 weeks ago. I was planning on purchasing B&W 705 s2. I auditioned the 705 as well and concluded that I could not deal with the extended frequencies. I have owned B&W speakers and I can only say that the ELAC AS61 is a far surperior speaker in sound reproduction, fit and finish than the 705. If you haven't heard the AS61 yet I recommend an audition if you can, if not and you want to purchase as I did, you will be impressed as I am. Excellent balance of frequencies with a sweet bottom end. I tend to get listener fatigue after several hours of critical listening, I have yet to experience this with these speakers. The AS61 is the speaker to beat at this price point. Caution these speakers are very large for a stand mound and weigh close to 35 pounds each. Sturdy stands recommended or purchase the stands designed from ELAC for these speakers. 
@contuzzi -- I have been reading about the Elac Argo B51 active speakers. I was planning to buy a second pair of the KEF LS50 wireless for my smaller study but these have me intrigued.

http://www.avsforum.com/best-of-ces-2018-elac-argo-series-powered-speakers/

Problem is that there is no release date yet. If anyone has more information about them please let me know.
Post removed 
I’d absolutely go with the ELAC.  Have spent a lot of time recently with the stand mounts.  Really outstanding.  

Have little to no experience with the floor standers yet.
Although I do not own the new 70x line of B&W, I have owned the CM line before -- CM5 (bought and returned within 30 days) and CM10 s2. When the 7 series replaced the CM line, I went to the local Magnolia design center to listen. My impressions ...

The CM line was a bit too sparkly in the upper frequencies. I always felt they were not as balanced as some of the other speakers in the same price bracket. I was never really able to get around that problem. Listening to the new 7 series (705), I felt that the same issues persist. While they sound pretty amazing in the shop, they do cause a bit of listener fatigue when listening extensively. 

I have not personally listened to the Elacs yet but have read good things about them -- specifically, that they are very balanced top to bottom.

I've also listened to Revels at a friend's house, but can't remember the exact model name. IMO, the Revels have a better house sound than B&Ws.