B&W 604 S3's...

Ok, here is the deal... I'm currently running a Technics SU-A909 Amplifier with a pair of TDL RTL3 SE's. Both i've had since new, and have had a good 6 years now at least. For the money, the speakers haven't been a bad deal, but i'm looking for new kit now and currently pondering my options.
It will run off my old amp which has plenty of power, and will do for a few months till I upgrade.

Are the 604's worth the money? someone mentioned investing in Ruark Prologue II, I want the music to be crisp clear, not over powering, but warm, and a pair of cabinets that can take bass at high volumes when I feel in the need to turn it up a notch louder than normal, and what amp would be a perfect match for what floorstanders?

Any feedback would be great

Much appriciated

Luke
lukusno1097a

Showing 1 response by mmajoril

If you want very crisp sound with a very tight bass I would look at the Monitor Audio Silver (8) line or the Gold Ref line (20). I own both and they are fantastic very detailed with an incredible tight bass, excellent imaging. Also these speakers are very good for HT. As for cables I run biwire Zu Cable Wax into them. As for amps I prefer the integrateds either the Plinius 8200MKII or the Belles 250i. Just to note I listened to the B&W 603 and 604 along with the Cdm's and I was not impressed the Cdm's were pretty good but for the price the Monitor Audios were superior. In my opinion B&W good/great speakers start with the Nautilus line on up to the Sigs. But then again some big coin.