B&W 602s3 or JM lab 707s for my Nad c320bee

I would like to know your opinions about these speakers playing reggae, jazz, funk, soul, and electronica? I like heavy bass driven music. I’ve got Kef Q60 speakers but they are already 13 years old and when i push them, the woofer stars to make rumbling noises.
I’m absolutely convinced that its time to move on and i have narrowed my options to these 2 sets of speakers. My listening room is about 4meters x 4meters.
carlossantos72cdb

Showing 1 response by ethanh

Just thought I'd chime in and say that I own the 602s2 and I'm a Peter Tosh fan, and I think the speakers have exceptional performance for reggae music. The metal dome tweeter isn't the best match for bright or harsh electronics (or poorly recorded material for that matter), but I hear great things about B&W/NAD combos and know for a fact that the bass from these speakers can be quite impressive. Granted, I think just about any monitor could benefit from a good sub, but with an adequate amount of power the B&W's do an admirable job with low frequencies in their own right. Never heard the JM lab.
Definitely worth a listen IMO.